photo home_zpsa8950ff0.png photo aboutus_zps7905e1e6.png photo pretties_zpsd998a65c.png photo party_zps917c9465.png photo contact_zpscecf86f2.png

Thursday, November 13, 2014

#Girlboss

We all have our favorite brands and companies, but how many of those can we say where either started or run by women? Not very many.

"Who runs the world? Girls."
-Beyoncé 
#Girlboss: Sophia Amoruso: 9780399169274:
Since Sophia Amoruso's memoir #GIRLBOSS is on my fall reading list, I've been thinking a lot about girl bosses.  The women who have created something out of nothing and who have decided to make their own path. A few big names that come to mind when I think of girl bosses are Lilly Pulitzer, Kate Spade, and Lauren Conrad (maybe because I'm obsessed with their stuff!), but I also think of all the Etsy shop owners, bloggers, and artists who have gone out on a limb to share their gifts and talents with other people.

"What's your favorite position?"
CEO.
-Lauren Conrad

Considering  'Small Business Saturday' is coming up on November 24th, I'd thought I'd share a few of my favorite girl bosses that own small business (and some of which who are growing pretty fast or aren't so small anymore!)


Emily M.'s Favorite Girl Bosses

1. Amanda Catherine Designs- After ordering her "Gentle Reminders" pencil set I knew I was in love her shop! Her pencils are a perfect addition to any desk or office and her prints are beautiful for any gallery wall. Plus she just added an adorable market tote printed with a grocery list that any girlie girl could agree on.


2. Evelyn Henson- I adore this lady's prints. Colorful and unique they bring a little sunshine and happiness to any room. Whether it be whimsical animals or pairing up with blogger College Prepster to create a collection of all things pretty and preppy, I'm sure you will find one that fits you! I'm currently loving her 'Suri the Camel' print.

3. Charm & Gumption- Owner and creator Holly Casto designs fun coffee mugs, prints, notepads and T-shirts. I purchased one of her 'The Little Things' gold foil prints and it is one of my favorite things on my gallery wall! I am also drooling over her 'I Woke Up Like This' mug. Be sure to check out her shop if you're a lover of simplicity, fonts, and gold.

4. Be There in Five- I bet you never thought a welcome mat could be this cute did you? Well, creator and etsy shop owner, Katherine proved us all wrong with her reminder and affirmation doormats. If you feel like you're having déjà vu, you might have seen her mats featured in Teen Vogue, Glamour, and Good Housekeeping. Because who doesn't need a cute reminder to turn off their curling iron?

5. Ashley Brooke Designs- Need a little fancy in your life? Ashley Brooke's mugs, notepads, and stationary is just what you need to add a little sparkle into your everyday grind. Her mugs are my favorite item that she sells. They make perfect gifts for the girl who has everything!

6. Confetti Cake Collection- Creator B. Mckensey Williams has created  t-shirts that are both comfortable and trendy. With cute sayings and fun fonts, I promise you'll fall in love with this brand as much as I have! What can I say, we 'mermaid' for each other.

Do you have any small shop owners or girl bosses that you love? Or are you a girl boss? Emily C. and I would love to know about them!

Keep Celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment