If you’re like me, your phone is literally glued to your hand. It’s your alarm, flashlight, map, calendar, and most importantly, your connection to the outside world. How did people get through life before cell phones? It baffles me, but I can tell you when I don’t have my phone I feel naked.
So, of course, I love discovering new apps to download that make my life just a tad bit more fun in Apple land. Here are my top 7 favorite apps right now:
- Afterlight. This is by far my favorite photo editing app. It has tons of filters and settings that you will be playing around with for hours (don’t say I didn’t warn you!) It costs about $1.99, but is well worth it; because let’s face it, a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Word Swag. Want to make a photo look fancy by adding a favorite quote or word? Look no further, because word swag has got you covered. Your photos will now look professionally done. There are plenty of fonts and styles to choose from so it is well worth your buck!
- Waterlogue. Ok, this app has got to be one of the coolest things I have ever seen. It converts any of your photos into watercolor! It’s a dream come true! You might end up getting a bit carried away by converting every single photo in your gallery (don’t worry, I promise I won't judge you), but it’s just so fun! Print out a few of your favorite ones to hang up or add to your gallery wall at home. It runs at $2.99, but come on, that’s cheaper than that print on Etsy you’ve been eyeing.
- DropBox. Need to clear out your gallery, but are afraid to delete any photos? Download DropBox. It saves ALL of your photos, so you can clear out some data space and save yourself some anxiety and regret.
- CocoPPa. I’m sure you’ve seen it all over Pinterest of girls having Lilly Pulitzer looking apps on their phones, and I’m sure you (like me) wondered "how on earth did they do that?!" Well, friends, I’m here to tell you, it’s from using a FREE app called CocoPPa! You can choose from several pretty styled apps. Just link the new app to your old one and voila! Just make sure not to delete the original app and move it to another screen; otherwise, you’ll delete the whole thing altogether. Now you can start giving your home screen that makeover you’ve been dreaming of!
- Marley and Lilly. Now that your apps are one of a kind, it’s time to have your wallpaper personalized as well. With the Marley and Lilly app, not only can you grab coupons for their store, but you can also design your very own monogrammed background. Choose from monogrammed fonts, colors , and background patterns (like anchors, pineapples, bows, chevron, every possible combination a preppy girl could think of). As Reese Witherspoon said, “If it’s not moving, monogram it!”
- She Reads Truth. I saved the best for last. I love, love, LOVE this app. If you need any guidance on having some quiet time with God, this app is a great start. It has countless studies to choose from, plus it has verse lock screen savers that can help you focus on the word throughout your day and add a few to memory. You can download “The Sermon on the Mount” and “Open Your Bible” studies for free, but there are a few more studies you can choose from and download for $1.99. So when you’re at work, waiting for class to start, or just need to spend some time reading the Word while waiting in line, it’s now as simple as pulling out your phones.
So there you have it! I promise you that these apps will be game changers. Do you have any apps that you love? Emily C. and I would love to hear them! Just comment below!