photo home_zpsa8950ff0.png photo aboutus_zps7905e1e6.png photo pretties_zpsd998a65c.png photo party_zps917c9465.png photo contact_zpscecf86f2.png

Friday, October 24, 2014

Fall Trends for Less

Fall fashion is just another wonderful bonus that comes with crisp weather and leave piles, football games and tailgates, hay rides and pumpkin patches, haunted houses and apple cider…(Ok, you get the picture. I REALLY love fall)
You know what I’m talking about, cozy plaid scarves, game day dresses, boots, faux fur and quilted vests, and layers upon layers of mix- matched patterns. I’m getting giddy just thinking about it! My bank account, however, is not so thrilled by the idea.
I wish I had unlimited funds and could afford all the high end brands and latest trends…..but reality check, I have student loans, have to fill up my gas tank, pay my cell phone bill, put some money away into an emergency fund, tithe, etc. Let’s just put it this way, next month’s paycheck is already evaporating into thin air.
So how do I keep up with some of my favorite fashion trends without getting a credit card or breaking the bank? Easy. I look for similar products at a cheaper cost, and when it comes to make up I look up their dupes to get the same shade for less (or ask, my sorority sister, Chelsea what she's using. She's the queen of makeup and their dupes!).
I thought I’d share a few of my favorite fall trends for less.  A majority of them, of course, come from Target (I swear I don’t live there), which look extremely similar to one of my other favorite stores, J. Crew.
Fall Looks for Less


Now you can fashionably fall into autumn too, without falling into debt!
There are certain items I will splurge on from time to time. If it’s a classic piece or will become a staple item in my closet that won’t go out of style, I say go for quality over quantity. For instance, I had been swooning over a nice pair of cognac leather boots, so I finally caved and got a beautiful pair of Frye boots last Christmas. Let me tell ya, I wear those boots all the time and they go with everything! Plus, they were made to last for years!  Much better than buying a pair of cheap boots you’re not in love with that might only last a year or two.
TEP Tip: A few other things worth splurging on are a nice pair of blue jeans, a classic black dress (every girl NEEDS to own a killer LBD that fits their body type and makes them feel beautiful. Your closet is simply naked without one.), a pea coat, and a trench coat. They are classics so they’ll never go out of style and they’re all staples that you can pair with the latest trends.
So get ready because boyfriend jeans and big sweaters are comfortably in, faux fur vests are still all the rage, leather is better, 70’s floppy hats are making a comeback, and leopard is in fact a neutral.
Know of some other fall trends we can get for less? We'd love to hear them (and may or may not be grabbing our wallets to grab one for our own after you comment below)!
Keep Celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment