photo home_zpsa8950ff0.png photo aboutus_zps7905e1e6.png photo pretties_zpsd998a65c.png photo party_zps917c9465.png photo contact_zpscecf86f2.png

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Christmas Card Cheer

I know that Buddy the Elf would say, "the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!", but I would have to disagree with him (*gasp*) because:

1. If I was to sing as loud as I could for all to hear, the only people that would be cheerful about it would be the ear plug companies.

2.  You'd probably get pretty hoarse after awhile, and I'm pretty sure if everyone was going to be singing around each other we'd all be sharing the flu...or ebola.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas music and Christmas carolers, but one of my favorite ways to spread Christmas cheer is by sending out Christmas cards (shocker right? the girl that loves all things paper likes sending out Christmas cards).

 I love every aspect to sending out Christmas cards. Picking out the cards, the stamps, addressing them all, and of course, adding a little bit of sparkle to each one. It's just a small labor of love that I really enjoy doing. I also believe that it is one of the most personal and thoughtful things we can do that only takes a few minutes of our time.

Christmas Cards

A few companies that I like to card shop on are Rifle Paper & Co., Sugar Paper., and Kate Spade. They run a little pricey, so if you find you Christmas card list becoming longer and longer Target (obviously) has some adorable ones! 

When it came to sending out invitations to a little Christmas get together I'm having for the girls I've been in a Bible Study group with since Middle School, I went digital. Yes, in some circumstances I think its ok to send a card or invitation via the web. When do I think it's ok? Well for starters, it depends on the event. If its casual and short notice, I say go for it. Plus, I had to check with the girls to see which date worked best for all of us since a lot of people will be going out of town, so everyone had already marked the date on their calendar. 

My favorite site to use in these instances is the Paperless Post. They have tons of options, and a majority of them are free to send! 

If you're still going the snail mail route, I've given you a few tips on how I address my envelopes here, but a new found love of mine are the Sharpie Oil Based Paint Pens. These pens trump every paint pen I've ever owned. They come in a multiple colors and in metallics, AND you can buy them at a fine and extra fine point. Sold! I've also converted to using Scotch Expressions Metallic Tape to seal the envelopes, because they stick much better to paper than washi tape.

Oh, and I definitely got the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer stamps at the post office (Don't judge. It's the movie's 50th anniversary this year! and you can't tell me that you don't think he's cute)

reindeer animated GIF

Keep an eye out, because a little Christmas cheer is coming to a mailbox near you!

Keep Celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment