photo home_zpsa8950ff0.png photo aboutus_zps7905e1e6.png photo pretties_zpsd998a65c.png photo party_zps917c9465.png photo contact_zpscecf86f2.png

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Emily M's Winter Beauty Routine

Possibly the worst thing about winter, is how unbelievably DRY my skin gets. Anyone else experiencing this?! You go from freezing cold outside, to heat inside, to cold again.  It gets even better because the air is also dry (my hair thanks the Lord for the lack of humidity, my skin, however, does not).

Then you go through the daunting task of trying to pick out the best moisturizer and night cream that won't be too oily or make you break out. The vicious cycle never seems to end. 


I think I have finally figured out the perfect balance for my skin and I hope that this helps some of you as well! (Including a few of my beauty secrets!)


Emily M's Favorite Beauty Products

1. Clinique 3 Step System-This is one product I tend to stray away from, but always come back to. I just haven't found anything else that leaves my face feeling clean, but not overly dry.

2. Clarisonic- As big of a splurge as this product is, it. is. worth. it. I will wash my face, then use this and will still find some left over make up on the brush! It also helps your other products absorb much more (meaning they'll be more effective and work better). Just giving some of you a heads up, if you are getting one of these for Christmas, you may break out a tad more than usual the first week you use it. This is pretty normal and is actually just a lot of crud coming to the surface of your skin, so don't fret haha.

3. Clinique Moisture Surge Intense- Okay, so here was my dilemma with night creams. I either found one that would make me break out or ones that didn't make me break out, but my skin would still peel in patches. Clinique Moisture Surge Intense has been able to moisturize, but isn't heavy so it doesn't clog my pores. So far I love it and feel like I have found a Christmas miracle in a jar.

4. Vaseline- I say this is a cure all because, well, it is. Chapped lips? Vaseline. Peeling cuticles? Vaseline. Cracked feet? Put some Vaseline and socks on them at night and wake up to soft feet. If you don't already have Vaseline in your bathroom cabinet, I suggest you go buy some and save yourself some money on a multiple of products.

5. Clinique All About the Eyes- Sticking to my Clinique regimen, I use this eye cream at night and have noticed that the bags underneath my eyes are not nearly as bad in the morning. I also use Fructis' Skin Renew Anti-Puff roller in the morning, which helps me feel more awake and refreshed. Dab on some Fresh's Rose Hydrating Gel Eye Cream and it looks like you just woke up to 12 hours of sleep...even if you did only get 4.

6. Burt's Bees Lip Balm- I have one in my purse, on my nightstand, and in my bathroom. My favorite chapstick, hands down.

7. Fresh's Black Tea Age Delay Lotion with SPF 20- The clouds have opened up and I have finally found the perfect sunscreen! Best part is it doesn't smell like sunscreen and makes your face look radiant! Added bonus, is it is great underneath make up.

8. Castor Oil- This one may sound a bit odd to you, but if you're looking for a natural alternative to Lactisse, this is it. Using a spoolie (mascara wand), swipe this stuff on your eyelashes before bed. I promise you that after a few weeks your eye lashes will look thicker and healthier! And shoot, why just stop at your eyelashes? Trying to grow out your eyebrows? Put some on them too!

If you still struggle with dry skin, try drinking a lot more water and sleep with a humidifier. A humidifier will put back some of the moisture that was lost in the air from having the heat on (I learned this tip from my dermatologist!) Also, splurging on a silk or satin pillow case can help prevent wrinkles AND hair splitting!

Do you have any beauty tips? I'd love to hear them!

Keep Celebrating!


No comments:

Post a Comment