photo home_zpsa8950ff0.png photo aboutus_zps7905e1e6.png photo pretties_zpsd998a65c.png photo party_zps917c9465.png photo contact_zpscecf86f2.png

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Emily M.'s Christmas Movie Checklist

I already know what I'm going to be doing for the rest of this month, and it involves a lot of movie watching.

I was originally going to give my top 25 Christmas movies, but soon realized that was an almost impossible task considering that my list seems to change by the day, so being the OCD (Obsessive Christmas Disorder) person that I am, I broke them into categories.



And what helps cross some of these movies off your list faster than ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas?! I've attached their full schedule here.

25 Days of Christmas

And no Christmas movie marathon is complete without hot chocolate and snacks! One of my new favorite Christmas snacks is a twist (peppermint twist that is) on classic puppy chow. I got the idea from Sally's Baking Addiction and tweaked it just a tad.

Peppermint Puppy Chow

Ingredients:
5 cups Rice Chex cereal
10 ounces melting white chocolate or vanilla flavored Almond Bark (I used Almond Bark)
1/2 teaspoon Peppermint extract
1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
1 cup crushed candy canes
1 cup (or more) confectioners' (powdered) sugar

Directions:
Pour 5 cups of Chex Cereal into a large bowl. Melt white chocolate/Almond Bark according to the package directions. When melted stir in peppermint extract and pour over cereal, stirring and folding until the cereal is completed covered. Fold in Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips (they will melt and make your cereal look pink or swirled). Then fold in crushed candy canes.

In a large zipped top bag or covered container, add the powdered sugar. Pour the chocolate covered cereal/candy canes into the large bag or container. Seal the bag or container and shake until all the cereal is coated with the powdered mixture.

Discard excess powder. Store at room temperature up to 2 weeks, if it lasts that long!

So bake some cookies and make some snacks, and get all your friends or family together on the couch to watch a good movie or two! Did your favorite Christmas movie make my list? And do you have a favorite holiday snack or recipe that I need to try? I'd love to hear it!

Keep Celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment