photo home_zpsa8950ff0.png photo aboutus_zps7905e1e6.png photo pretties_zpsd998a65c.png photo party_zps917c9465.png photo contact_zpscecf86f2.png

Thursday, September 4, 2014

I'm Bananas For You

I would like to consider myself a “glass half full” kind of girl. I always try to see the positive side of things and I always try to make sure that my perspective is in check, so when I saw that the bananas I bought were starting to go brown I got a tad bit upset. (Disclaimer: I am one of those strange people who are extremely picky about my bananas. If they aren’t a tad bit green at the top, I don’t like them; so you can only imagine my distraught to see brown spots.)

But before throwing out my three browning bananas, it dawned on me, BANANA BREAD! You have to have browning bananas to make banana bread!
New mantra everybody, “When life gives you browning bananas, make banana bread.”
So I went to my recipe box and pulled the recipe out. (Hey, what do you know? It calls for three bananas. This must have been fate, right?)  I quickly realized that I could make quite a bit of banana bread, so why not give some away to my friends and neighbors while I was at it? Turns out a few browning bananas can feed a small village or an apartment complex in my case.

Want to make some of your own now? Already ahead of you friends!
(click on the recipe card to be redirected to Google Docs for a printable version of the recipe!)

EASY PEASY!

If you want to send them out as gifts like I did, bake them in mini loaf pans. (Just make sure you adjust the cooking time! Otherwise, you’ll end up with bricks for your next home renovation.) And to make things even easier on y’all, we've made some gift tags that you can download and use yourself! Just buy some plastic gift bags and wrap them up!  
(click on the picture to be redirected to Google Docs for downloads!)
Because, let’s be honest, who doesn’t find banana bread “a-peel-ing?”
 Keep Celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment